The ReBuilding Exchange is moving and we need your help!
Over the next 6 weeks, we will be moving to a new location at 2160 N. Ashland. We are scheduling a number of group volunteer days which will include activities like painting, organizing materials, cleaning and loading and unloading trucks.
The first 2 days will be February 5th and 12th, 10am-6pm, and the volunteer shifts will happen at the 2160 N. Ashland warehouse.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if you can make it. If neither of those days work for you, but you are interested in volunteering another time, please let us know and we can make arrangements for you or your group.
A few things to keep in mind before you come:
* Always wear closed-toed shoes. Work boots are great; steel-toed shoes are best.
* Wear your grungiest old clothes. Plan on getting dirty.
* Bring work gloves if you have them. (We have extras, but it’s nice to wear your own.)
* Bring a water bottle.
* When you get here, please complete and sign our volunteer application form, if you have not done so in the past. Copies are available at the front desk of the warehouse.
* Be sure to sign in when you arrive and sign out when you leave. A sign in/out notebook is also at the front desk. (We use this information to track volunteer hours for grants, etc.)
* BE SAFE! We are a very safety conscious organization. The nature of our inventory in the warehouse means that there are nails, sharp corners, tripping hazards, and sometimes unstable piles. If you lift anything, be sure to use safe lifting techniques. Know your restrictions. If you aren’t sure, ask a staff person. Be alert.
And if you have old blankets, towels or sturdy boxes you’d like to donate, please bring them!
Thanks so much for your support!